Under the direct supervision of the Executive Director (ED), this position provides administrative and secretarial support for the ED. In addition to typing, filing and scheduling, performs duties such as coordination of meetings and conferences, obtaining supplies, coordinating direct mailings, and working on special projects. Also, answers non-routine correspondence and assembles highly confidential and sensitive information. Deals with a diverse group of important external callers and visitors as well as internal contacts at all levels of the organization. Independent judgment is required to plan, prioritize and organize diversified workload, recommends changes in office practices or procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Perform a variety of clerical duties; Schedules and organizes complex activities such as meetings, travel, conferences and department activities for ED and other staff as necessary.
· Represents ED at meetings and community events as necessary
· Establishes, develops, maintains and updates filing system for the ED. Retrieves information from files when needed.
· Organizes and prioritizes large volumes of information and calls.
· Provide relieve to receptionist as needed. Sort, open or distributes mail for ED.
· Drafts written responses or replies by phone or e-mail when necessary. Responds to regularly occurring requests for information
· Answers phones for ED. Takes messages or fields/answers all routine and non-routine questions. Works in cooperation with other system development assistants to cover phones.
· Acts as a liaison with other departments and outside agencies, including high-level staff such as ARI Board, Directors, and Coordinators. Handles confidential and non-routine information and explains policies when necessary.
· Works independently and within a team on special non-recurring and ongoing projects.
· Acts as project manager for special projects, at the request of the ED, which may include: planning and coordinating multiple presentations, disseminating information, coordinating direct mailings, creating brochures.
· Types and designs general correspondences, memos, charts, tables, graphs, business plans, etc. Proofreads copy for spelling, grammar and layout, making appropriate changes. Responsible for accuracy and clarity of final copy.
· Supports ED with department finances. Activities include: copying check requests and sending to accounts payable travel reimbursement, documenting corporate credit card expenses to corporate finance.
· Regular and timely attendance
· Work safely and report safety issues
· Other duties as assigned; Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice
· A college graduate preferred
· At least 2 years of previous administrative experience supporting high level executives; knowledge of general office procedures, equipments and computer applications such Microsoft Word, Excel
· Excellent phone etiquettes, customer services skills, ability to multi-task, good problem solving skills, punctual and professional appearance
· Ability to handle adversity and crisis in an efficient manner and attention to details under stressful situations while maintaining a professional and confidential work environment
· Experience in working with culturally diverse work environment with the ability to be culturally sensitive and appropriate
· Ability to work independently with little supervision;
· Working flexible hours as necessary to attend events
· Must demonstrate good writing, organizational skills with attention to accuracy and details.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Must obtain clearance of fingerprint background check through DOJ, Valid California Drivers License, own transportation, automobile insurance and good driving record required
Bilingual/Multilingual skills desired
Interested applicants please send resume to Stephanie@AsianResources.org